ORGANIZATION: Hirsh Industries
MY ROLE: Writer, Editor, Graphic Designer
Hirsh Industries had never published a product catalog of any kind. As their business model shifted from private labeling most products to a greater focus on growing their own Hirsh brand, Hirsh branded sales materials became necessary.
My goal was to produce a comprehensive catalog for the Hirsh brand that could be used as a showpiece at trade shows and sales meetings. As the first marketing piece for the Hirsh brand, the catalog creation process included defining basic brand standards that would be used for the catalog as well as future marketing collateral.
- Reviewed dozens of manufacturers’ product catalogs and developed a catalog concept
- Compiled the complete Hirsh product offering and wrote marketing copy for each product
- Designed reproduction-ready catalog layout using Adobe InDesign
- Coordinated print production and distribution
- Armed sales representatives across the country with professional Hirsh marketing materials for the first time in the company’s history
- Served as a catalyst for the creation of future Hirsh marketing collateral
- Established brand standards for the Hirsh brand, providing clear style guidelines to follow for future marketing materials
- Created an internal reference tool utilized by personnel in all departments