ORGANIZATION: Small Stuff Counts
MY ROLE: Writer, Editor, Graphic Designer, Photographer, Digital Marketer, Publicist
After three years of cultivating an audience for my home and organization blog, Small Stuff Counts, I authored an e-book that addressed many of the frequently asked questions I received regarding time management. This was my first experience with self-publishing. My goal was to create a helpful resource for my readers that would establish me as an authority in my niche and create a new revenue stream for my blogging business.
My goal was to write, design and self-publish a non-fiction e-book that taught readers how to utilize my time management process.
- Conducted market research to validate product concept including reader surveys, interviews, competitor analysis and content marketing
- Researched self-publishing strategies and best practices
- Conceptualized, wrote and edited the 80-page e-book
- Designed the ebook PDF and accompanying worksheets, produced all photography
- Developed and implemented a 90-day digital marketing plan; managed pre- and post-launch timelines
- Built a sales funnel that converted social media and blog traffic into customers through content marketing that included a free e-course, video series, email and blog content
- Designed the sales page including all marketing copy, photography and graphics; set up shopping cart functionality
- Created a promotion toolkit that included promotional graphics, swipe copy for email and social media marketing, etc.
- Publicized the e-book launch through guest blog posts, affiliate marketing and strategic influencer partnerships
- Established myself as an author and authority in my niche
- Created a new revenue stream
- Invited to partner with a dozen other authors on a large bundle sale of our products that resulted in increased sales and new blog readers
- Taught thousands of women how to create an intentional weekly routine